include($DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/css/footer.php"); ?>
What's the World Science Fiction Society?
The World Science Fiction Society (WSFS) is an unincorporated literary society. The WSFS Constitution lists its five major responsibilities:
- To choose the recipients of the annual Hugo Awards (Science Fiction Achievement Awards).
- To choose the locations and Committees for the annual World Science Fiction Conventions (hereinafter referred to as Worldcons).
- To attend those Worldcons.
- To choose the locations and Committees for the occasional North American Science Fiction Conventions (hereinafter referred to as NASFiCs).
- To perform such other activities as may be necessary or incidental to the above purposes.
In practice, WSFS holds Business Meetings at Worldcons:
The 2003 WSFS Business Meeting Torcon 3
The 2001 WSFS Business Meeting
and produces documentation of those meetings, too:
- WSFS Constitution
- Standing Rules of the WSFS Business Meeting
- Rules of Continuing Effect
- Business Meeting Procedures
Agenda and reports for Business Meetings:
And Then There's Commentary and Perspective :
- The Rules of the Game, by Mark Olson
Send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org.